For Professional Pilots

These listings are for information only. Being on the page does not imply an endorsement.



Click here for a comprehensive list of your company’s HIMS contacts. The database is hosted at


If you are a professional pilot and represented by a union, you should involve your union in HIMS or other complex certification issues.


The Airline Pilots Association, International works closely with multiple commercial airlines to protect a pilot’s right to treatment and return to work.

The Southwest Airlines Pilot Association represents Southwest Airlines pilots.

The Allied Pilots Association represents the pilots from American Airlines.

The Independent Pilots Association represents pilots flying for UPS.

The NetJets Association of Shared Aircraft Pilots is an independent pilot labor advocate representing NetJets pilots.



AVIATION MEDICINE ADVISORY SERVICE, or AMAS, works with ALPA and APA as aeromedical consultants for complex certification issues. You can also engage AMAS on a case-by-case basis if you are not in a covered union.


If you are a commercial pilot, you may have LONG TERM DISABILITY insurance that provides a portion of your salary if you are unable to work, especially if your disability insurance covers LOSS OF LICENSE/LOSS OF CERTIFICATE waivers. Talk to your company’s Human Resources department about benefits and how to use them.


Scroll to Top