Fees for a Followup Evaluation
As of April 11, 2023, my payments processor, Square, charges the vendor (me) credit card transaction fees even on refunds/cancellations. Starting on April 11, 2023, cancellation for a self-scheduled appointment is subject to a return fee of (2.9% x retainer) + $0.30. On the same effective date, a cancellation of a directly-invoiced retainer fee is subject to a return fee of (3.3% x retainer) + $ 0.30.
How the Retainer is Used and Refunded
- The reservation retainer fee is a retainer to be applied towards the initial costs in your case.
- The hourly fee is $330/hour, and charges apply to all time spent in the case; this includes the interview, reading your records, writing the report, and all other time spent on your behalf.
- After subtracting cancellation fees, the balance is 100% refundable for any reason up to ten exact 24-hour days from your appointment; for example, an appointment for a Wednesday morning @ 9 am, must be canceled by 8:59 am two previous Sundays for a full refund.
- After subtracting cancellation fees, the balance is 75% refundable, and considered 25% earned, for any reason at less than exactly ten 24-hour days but more than seven exact 24-hour days from your appointment; for example, an appointment for a Wednesday morning @ 9 am, must be canceled by 8:59 am the previous Wednesday for a 75% refund.
- After subtracting cancellation fees, the balance is 50% refundable, and considered 50% earned, if the appointment is canceled at less than exactly ten 24-hour days, but more than three exact 24-hour days; for example, a Wednesday morning @ 9 am appointment must be canceled by 8:59 am on Sunday of the same week for a 50% refund.
- Any cancellation at less than 72 hours results in forfeiture of the fee and the retainer has been considered fully earned.
- For those driving to the Denver clinic, appointments can be changed without any penalty if CDOT has declared a travel advisory affecting travel into or out of metro Denver, but we must discuss and mutually agree on this.
- For those flying to Denver, if you are traveling with a checked bag please give yourself a minimum of three hours from your flight arrival to be at my office; it can take up to one hour to get to downtown Denver from the airport in traffic.
- Not showing up for a weather emergency or from a canceled flight without discussing it with Dr. Kirk will result in forfeiture of the fee.
- An appointment cannot be canceled and refunded for a weather emergency or a canceled flight, it must be rescheduled.
- Appointments can be canceled by either calling me or emailing me; you cannot text to cancel or change an appointment.
- The timestamp for the cancellation will be the date and time I have received the email or received your incoming phone call, not the time you sent it.