VA Medical Records

Use this form to request VA medical records, including the compensation and pension evaluations.

Please request records from every VA where you have received treatment. Records seem to arrive the fastest when requested directly from the source.

The VA should send records directly to me. Records coming to the pilot first are not a verified record. The records could have been altered before I receive them.

You can also request records from the VA’s Centralized Support Division. These records take longer, often much longer, to arrive. To download the centralized records request, please click the button.

You can use the same form to request copies of your compensation and pension evaluations for service-connected disabilities. You request compensation and pension evaluations at the VA where you met the evaluator.

Sometimes the comp-and-pen evaluations are contracted to private third parties. If your VA does not have copies of the comp/pen file, you can call the Veterans Benefits Administration Help Line at 1-800-827-1000.

Please download the form, print it on your local device, sign it in ink, and process the form with every VA where you have received treatment. The form must be signed in ink. Digital signatures are not allowed at the VA.

Scroll to Top