WHERE DO YOU SEND RECORDS?
Dr. Kirk has offices in Denver and Las Vegas. Denver is the main clinic and Las Vegas is a satellite location. All records should be sent to:
Aviation Psychiatry, LLC
Gregory L. Kirk, MD
2036 East 17th Avenue
Denver, Colorado, 80206
or by email to
The rest of this page is your personal guide to smoothly coordinate the records transfer needed for an evaluation. You can also share with the page with your clinic if you want.
Most clinics prefer that you use their own release forms. You may be able to download a form from the clinic website, if they have one, or you can call the office and ask about the records release procedure.
Please ask your primary care provider to send the records directly to my office. If a file instead comes to you by mistake, do not open the envelope but instead deliver it to me unopened. A broken seal on a records production taints the file and can require us to start over.
You should request the complete record of care, which includes ALL notes of these types:
- All progress notes from your physician, nurse practitioner, or physician’s assistant
- All nursing, triage, and telephone notes
- Complete prescribing record
- All laboratory testing
- Notes that include any and all information about the use of drugs or alcohol
There are three ways to have records sent to me. Each has pros and cons.
By US Mail: (note — all mail comes to Denver even if we meet in Las Vegas)
- Pros: regular mail is HIPAA compliant
- Cons: the US mail since June 2020 has operated under workplace rules that cause delay of regular mail delivery
By secure email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pros: immediate transfer of files smaller than 25 MB
- Cons: security protocols don’t always integrate well across systems, and an incoming mail might be blocked/quarantined without me knowing.
By media transfer (DVDs, portable USB devices): (reminder– all mail comes to Denver even if we meet in Las Vegas)
- Pros: the best way to transfer large amounts of information > 25 MB
- Cons: still relies on the US Mail